drank Coffee Cake by DAVIDsTEA

I really need to stop buying artifically flavoured teas.. Most of the time they are just too much for me and I get tired of them after a few cups. But every season I just can’t resist trying some of Davidstea special collections teas!

Anyway, this one is my favorite out of the three teas I got from the winter collection. It really tastes like cake. It’s obviously artificial flavouring, but I would say it is nicely done and it doesn’t have a bad or fake aftertaste.

A note for my fellow quebecers : It’s called Brioche fruitée. When I picked it up in the store I didn’t know what to expect because I had never heard that name in my life. Then I realized it probably means Gâteau aux fruits. That is exactly what it tastes like.

I started drinking tea only a few years ago and I enjoy it because there are so many different kinds to try. I love to step out of my comfort zone and taste a wide variety of flavours. I am very curious about the different types of tea and how they are processed. I also appreciate traditional or antique teaware.

This is how I rate teas:
100 : Extraordinary delicious
81-99 : Very good, I enjoy it a lot
66-80 : Good, but not in my favorites
51-65 : Ok, not impressed
36-50 :Disappointing but it isn’t bad
16-35 : I don’t enjoy drinking it
0-15 : Absolutely disgusting, I can’t drink it

In addition to being a tea drinker, I am a foodie, a traveler, an historical junkie, a geek that loves to play video games, a bookworm and a cat lover :)

English isn’t my first language so I hope I’m not butchering it too much!

Sherbrooke, Canada