drank Violet by Kusmi Tea

I am very disappointed in this tea. Although it is very smooth, I can barely smell the aroma of violet either in the tin or brewed. I was hoping this would be a highly or at least moderately scented tea, but I find it simply is not. I love the fragrance and flavor of violet :-(

cteresa

If you can find it, Dammann has a pretty strong violet tea. I got another random-brand violet tea which if anything has too strong a violet note! and I think Mariage Freres makes violet tea as wel though I have not tried it.

Pia M

Hi and thanks for your reply! If anything, I would like something with a strong violet flavor and scent. When it comes to flavor, I like things strong and obvious, which is a lot like my outgoing personality! LOL :-) I have been able to find the Dammann Freres Violet tea online, and I fully intend to try it as soon as my tea budget allows it. I am looking forward to a strongly scented cup of violet tea, since the Kusmi Violet tea I ordered just isn’t doing the trick :-)

cteresa

The strong one I have is by a company which makes gift type kitchen things, like spice kits and teapots called Quai Sud http://www.quaisud.fr/thes/noirs-aromatises/the-la-violette

It is honestly too strong, almost perfumey oily. Dammann was quite nice, perfectly balanced in being violet and there but not perfumey. The Kusmi I never had but I have smelled it on the shop and indeed it smelled less intense than the Dammann and the other one I had. The Mariage Freres I never drank or smelled.

Comments

cteresa

Pia M

cteresa

I love high quality tea, what else can I say? :-)

Cincinnati, Ohio