So I have been trying to decide whether to order this for some months now, broke down earlier in the week, ordered and just received this. Initial tasting tells me I am pleased but not overjoyed. This tea is very subtle, and frankly I am really more of a “hit me in the face with the flavors” kind of drinker. The rose is oh-so-subtle, and you really don’t realize the hot red pepper is in there until you feel a slight tingling on the tongue between sips. Also, the descriptions state there is “smoke”, but frankly I don’t taste any smoke. Perhaps what they meant was that the tea, combined with the rose and the pepper should remind you of the smoke of the fire of a travelling gypsy caravan bunked down for the night. That would be more like it. It in no way tastes like a Lapsang or anything like that. So, I am saying this one is subtle, and even smooth and sophisticated, definitely not “in your face”. This tea is definitely more for a pensive, quiet moment when you can savor the nuances of the tea. Definitely tastes high quality, btw :-)