This is the best DavidsTea Blend I’ve had yet! It looks and smells great, very peachy but not at all artificial.

The oolong with the almond I’m guessing makes this tea really buttery and nice to drink, the peach taste is a lot less overpowering than it smell actually. It’s rather nice to look at in the tin, full of fruit pieces, orange peel and almonds and all. The more you steep it, the smoother the taste becomes, and the second infusion i would say is almost just as good as the first one. The buttery taste of this tea really makes it awesome, I really like the almonds in it and there could probably be more of them instead of orange peel and it would be even better. I’m glad the oolong tea used wasn’t the dark one they used for Forbidden Fruit, I like the lighter ones more.

This tea is rather expensive but you can re-steep it many times which is a good thing, the fruit pieces however start disintegrating though so you may end up with a mushy mess at the bottom. The best part it all, is that buttery peach aftertaste that really lingers in your mouth long after you finished the cup which can lead to a sublime moment!

Stopped drinking water, switched to tea. =)
(ok, this is a lie but still :) )

How I rate teas is pretty simple, different teas have different expectations based on quality and price. I’ll rate a tea based on how good it is for its category/price point. I think i rate pretty fairly, I’m not afraid to give a bad score to a bad tea, and it’s relatively hard to get perfect score (partially because i believe there are only so many that can attain such a title)

I like oolong/green teas the most
black, white, tisanes to a lesser part.

I re-steep EVERYTHING, as that’s how I’ve learned from my parents. Blacks teas normally to a max of two times.

I like it when the tea actually looks of quality (eg. whole unbruised leaves). I hate it when i get a tea, and half of it is cut up stems of the plant… give me leaves!

I drink all my teas black and occasionally with sweetener. I do drink coffee too, and love espressos and cappuccinos. Yup, I do my coffee black too. Guess, it is to say I like strong flavours.
My current way of steeping tea, is my french press which i just got a month ago. I love it (well maybe not my cheapy one; looking to get a bodum one day). I used to just dump leaves at the bottom of my cup..

Ok. Rating meanings…

0-49: Various degrees of suck. Either terrible value or just not good.
50-59: It’s drinkable. I’ll finish my cup.
60-69: Not bad… but not good.
70-79: okay to drink, nothing too special, will not be a re-buy.
80-89: Enjoyable cups.
90-99: Worth holding on to.
100: Um.. I’ll tell you when I get here.

About me?

University student, photographer, bartender..

Montreal