drank Puerh Tuo Cha by TeaSource

I steeped this a second time and put it in my travel mug just like the first one…then I headed to class. I spilled some nasty citrus-sage essential oil all over my laptop and other possessions last week, my travel mug included, and the top of the mug, which is plastic and not stainless steel like the rest of it, has absorbed that smell. I’ve been trying and trying to wash it out—dish soap, baking soda, Dr. Bronner’s soap—and the latter one, which I used this morning, has lent a distinct minty smell to the top of the mug.

I’m mentioning this because my second steeping, which, unlike the first one in the travel mug, actually came in contact with the lid, tasted completely like weird mint. I am almost 100% sure that this is no fault of the tea!

…mrenhh. I need to get a new lid.

potatowedges

Just got a new lid. Am going to re-steep this a second time.

Comments

potatowedges

Just got a new lid. Am going to re-steep this a second time.

I’m a college tea drinker.
I cook feverishly.
I draw.
I make movies.
I knit.
Someday I wish to own chickens.

I love tea because of the complete sensory experience it offers me. Clock time fades away as I lean into my cup, watching the delicate cascades of steam waft up from the brew. Peace. Stillness. Feeling centered. It’s my meditation…

To give you a little background on my tea preferences (which will put my ratings into perspective)…

I love teas that are strong without bitterness and have earthy flavors to them, like rooibos or a really good black tea. (A few favorites in this category: Toffee Almond Supreme, Popped Rooibos, Oh Canada, Nutcracker Sweet.) Vanilla, cinnamon, and nutty are some of my favorite flavor notes. After about a year of warming up to greens, I absolutely love them—from the sweet, nutty, green-tea-ice-cream-like to the bold, grassy earthiness of Gunpowder Temple of Heaven. I also enjoy a nice white every once in a while. Fruity teas aren’t my favorite. I do have a few fruity teas that I love though, like TeaSource’s Green Tea with Pomegranate, Lemon Solstice, and Blueberry Fields.

I drink all of my teas unsweetened; if a tea needs sweetening, I usually don’t like it. A couple of notable exceptions: I sometimes sweeten straight green teas and matcha, and I drink my chai with soymilk (but no other sweetener). I sometimes like my black tea with a little dollop of soymilk.

Northfield, MN