Perhaps I am not much of a seasoned earl greyer but I do not find anything supreme about this tea.

I mean, it’s good. It’s a very decent EG. I am quite content sipping it right now. The base is somewhat strong and astringent, and that is fine with me. The bergamot flavor is not too pushy, it blends well with the rest, doesn’t bully the base tea notes and instead plays along nicely with them. Good clean bergamot fun.

But I guess I expected something extraordinary and stupendous, something SUPREME. All it might mean, though, is that it is just a notch (or two) better than Harney & Son’s standard EG, which I have never had, so I can’t know the difference.

It’s okay. I wouldn’t invest in a tin of it, though.

Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

ME & TEA

I started drinking tea when I was a teenager, my dad used to make tea a million times a day as it was (and still is!) good for his health. So he would make it for the entire family. Usually it was Lipton with a teaspoon of sugar per cup and a slice of lemon. I was fond of it made this way then a lot.

Then I would have occasional loose leaf teas, I slowly got into green tea… I would mostly stick to bagged tea though. It was just convenient.

Only recently, in the middle of 2013, did I start getting seriously into all kinds of loose leaf tea.

[LOVES]:
- Chinese black teas
- green oolongs
- super-fruity rooibos/honeybush “teas”
- interesting dessert teas

[LIKES]:
- green teas
- white teas
- dark oolongs
- non-Chinese black teas
- earl greys
- pu-erhs
- anything else that is missing from other categories

[IS INDIFFERENT ABOUT]:
- chai teas
- herbal teas
- fruit teas

[DISLIKES]:
- mint in blends (it’s ok as straight mint)

JUST ME
Apart from tea, I love reading, board-gaming with my husband, learning foreign languages (currently Spanish and Portuguese) and listening to lots and lots of music!

And if we just stick to food-related stuff I am also a great aficionado of good craft beer and dark chocolate :)

MY FAVORITE TEA COMPANIES (so far):
Whispering Pines Tea Co.
Butiki
Shang Tea
Yezi Tea
Golden Moon Tea
Lupicia
Harney & Sons

You can also find me here:
On Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/dairy_queen