TTBC2 #3

This is a nice, although pretty uneventful, green tea tweaked slightly by the pleasant sourness of a cherry. I guess it’s a cherry, because I couldn’t quite tell just from the taste. I think it smells more like it than tastes like it. The base (a sencha?) is not bitter, but then is not much of anything else.

As the tea cools down the “cherry” flavor starts to taste a little powdery, kind of like cough medicine that some people mentioned in their reviews. I didn’t really detect that when the tea was hotter.

Either way, a nice afternoon cup, nothing I would crave or need to have in my cupboard on hand, but I’m glad I could try it!

ME & TEA

I started drinking tea when I was a teenager, my dad used to make tea a million times a day as it was (and still is!) good for his health. So he would make it for the entire family. Usually it was Lipton with a teaspoon of sugar per cup and a slice of lemon. I was fond of it made this way then a lot.

Then I would have occasional loose leaf teas, I slowly got into green tea… I would mostly stick to bagged tea though. It was just convenient.

Only recently, in the middle of 2013, did I start getting seriously into all kinds of loose leaf tea.

[LOVES]:
- Chinese black teas
- green oolongs
- super-fruity rooibos/honeybush “teas”
- interesting dessert teas

[LIKES]:
- green teas
- white teas
- dark oolongs
- non-Chinese black teas
- earl greys
- pu-erhs
- anything else that is missing from other categories

[IS INDIFFERENT ABOUT]:
- chai teas
- herbal teas
- fruit teas

[DISLIKES]:
- mint in blends (it’s ok as straight mint)

JUST ME
Apart from tea, I love reading, board-gaming with my husband, learning foreign languages (currently Spanish and Portuguese) and listening to lots and lots of music!

And if we just stick to food-related stuff I am also a great aficionado of good craft beer and dark chocolate :)

MY FAVORITE TEA COMPANIES (so far):
Whispering Pines Tea Co.
Butiki
Shang Tea
Yezi Tea
Golden Moon Tea
Lupicia
Harney & Sons

You can also find me here:
On Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/dairy_queen