I haven’t been on Steepster for a while! I missed it more than I thought I would :)

This was one of the teas I had some time this last weekend. I mostly had the “leftover” teas, not many new ones at all.

Anyway, this dragonwell did not disappoint, although it wasn’t close to perfection either. Dragonwells must be my favorite type of green tea. I love how they brew into this sunrise, almost pastel, yellow. And I love how they smell. This one was just as flowery as the other ones I’ve had. The flavor was surprisingly strong, usually long jings are very subtle. Perhaps I steeped it a bit too long. It had all the yummy buttery, vegetal and floral notes that make this tea so special. Thank you, Yezi Tea, for offering as many as 3 samples with your orders. That’s how I got the chance to try this one :)

Next time I order from Yezi, I would love to get some of their dragonwell but I think I will settle for the lower grade (High Grade) that is considerably cheaper. I don’t think my palate will detect that much of a difference ;)

ME & TEA

I started drinking tea when I was a teenager, my dad used to make tea a million times a day as it was (and still is!) good for his health. So he would make it for the entire family. Usually it was Lipton with a teaspoon of sugar per cup and a slice of lemon. I was fond of it made this way then a lot.

Then I would have occasional loose leaf teas, I slowly got into green tea… I would mostly stick to bagged tea though. It was just convenient.

Only recently, in the middle of 2013, did I start getting seriously into all kinds of loose leaf tea.

[LOVES]:
- Chinese black teas
- green oolongs
- super-fruity rooibos/honeybush “teas”
- interesting dessert teas

[LIKES]:
- green teas
- white teas
- dark oolongs
- non-Chinese black teas
- earl greys
- pu-erhs
- anything else that is missing from other categories

[IS INDIFFERENT ABOUT]:
- chai teas
- herbal teas
- fruit teas

[DISLIKES]:
- mint in blends (it’s ok as straight mint)

JUST ME
Apart from tea, I love reading, board-gaming with my husband, learning foreign languages (currently Spanish and Portuguese) and listening to lots and lots of music!

And if we just stick to food-related stuff I am also a great aficionado of good craft beer and dark chocolate :)

MY FAVORITE TEA COMPANIES (so far):
Whispering Pines Tea Co.
Butiki
Shang Tea
Yezi Tea
Golden Moon Tea
Lupicia
Harney & Sons

You can also find me here:
On Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/dairy_queen