Thank you, VariaTEA, for letting me try this tea :)

The aroma and flavor remind me so much of some sweets from my childhood. I can’t remember what it was exactly, but I think it was, surprisingly, some hard candy! Very unusual flavor combination, I haven’t experienced these notes in any ther tea. It is kind of similar to MF’s Marco Polo in that respect. Because it’s so unique.

There’s rose in it but kind of… fruitified. More like rosehips? Also a note of caramel… But there’s also some balanced citrus in here! Very interesting.

VariaTEA

Yay for Des Roses et Des Bonbons! I am glad you liked it. One of my favs :).

Also, it reminded OMGsrsly of a certain candy too

Kat_Maria

I guess this tea is designed to bring out some forgotten candy notes from the depths of one’s memory!

Haha maybe.

Roswell Strange

Reminds me of candy too; though I’m thinking more those almost fizzy sweet hearts, not a hard candy. The Sweet Hearts were like a dense powder/tablet.

Comments

VariaTEA

Yay for Des Roses et Des Bonbons! I am glad you liked it. One of my favs :).

Also, it reminded OMGsrsly of a certain candy too

Kat_Maria

Haha maybe.

Roswell Strange

ME & TEA

I started drinking tea when I was a teenager, my dad used to make tea a million times a day as it was (and still is!) good for his health. So he would make it for the entire family. Usually it was Lipton with a teaspoon of sugar per cup and a slice of lemon. I was fond of it made this way then a lot.

Then I would have occasional loose leaf teas, I slowly got into green tea… I would mostly stick to bagged tea though. It was just convenient.

Only recently, in the middle of 2013, did I start getting seriously into all kinds of loose leaf tea.

[LOVES]:
- Chinese black teas
- green oolongs
- super-fruity rooibos/honeybush “teas”
- interesting dessert teas

[LIKES]:
- green teas
- white teas
- dark oolongs
- non-Chinese black teas
- earl greys
- pu-erhs
- anything else that is missing from other categories

[IS INDIFFERENT ABOUT]:
- chai teas
- herbal teas
- fruit teas

[DISLIKES]:
- mint in blends (it’s ok as straight mint)

JUST ME
Apart from tea, I love reading, board-gaming with my husband, learning foreign languages (currently Spanish and Portuguese) and listening to lots and lots of music!

And if we just stick to food-related stuff I am also a great aficionado of good craft beer and dark chocolate :)

MY FAVORITE TEA COMPANIES (so far):
Whispering Pines Tea Co.
Butiki
Shang Tea
Yezi Tea
Golden Moon Tea
Lupicia
Harney & Sons

You can also find me here:
On Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/dairy_queen