drank Earl Grey by Stash Tea Company

Made Stash and Twinings Earl Grey to compare side by side since I was on my last bag of Twinings. Both with boiling water and steeped for 3 minutes. The first thing I notice upon comparing tastes is that the Twinings tastes more flat than the Stash. Stash seems a bit more complex and I’m not sure why. Could be the blend of teas used and/or where the Bergamot was sourced? Stash tells me their bergamot oil is from Italy, but Twinings doesn’t say. I guess I would consider the Twinings as fulfilling a more traditional expectation of Earl Grey while the Stash is brighter and has a citrus note. I will say again that the Stash Earl Grey reminds me a little of Twinings Lady Grey because of that citrus. Both are good, but as I have been writing this I am drinking the Stash more than the Twinings.

Mom of two kids who enjoys a cup of tea. When someone is not calling me Mommy I go by Stephanie. I am a (gasp!) tea bag lovin’, grocery store brand tea drinker and offer no apologies for my lack of tea knowledge and expertise. I want my tea to be affordable and easy to find.

Mt. Pleasant South Carolina