drank Almond Green Tea by Kusmi Tea
2068 tasting notes

I am just going to start this by saying I think I should invest in a thermometer because right now my method for testing if the water is the right temperature to brew my tea is to stick my finger in it. It really is not the best method.

Anyways, on to the tea. I bought this because in the container the dry leaf smells very strongly of marzipan. When brewed, the marzipan is still there but there is also hints of a more green/vegetal scent. The taste is close to marzipan or perhaps an almond cookie which would be great if it didn’t finish off with a dry and almost chemical note that seems to plague many of Kusmi’s teas. Luckily the chemical not for this is not nearly as bad as it was for Kusmi’s Passion Fruit White Tea so I think I will be able to get through this cup and then some but I doubt I will be able to finish the 75g of it I had to buy. If anyone is interested in trying some, feel free to message me.

Stephanie

A thermometer or variable temp kettle is VERY helpful! :)

VariaTEA

Yeah I would tend to think so because my finger method is not a very good measure. I just always forget to pick on up when I am at the store. I am too focused on the tea itself.

if you have meat thermometer in the house..it’s a substitute until you get a kettle or tea thermometer haha

yyz

I know i’ve seen a better description but I mostly use the bubble method to guess water temp.

Comments

Stephanie

A thermometer or variable temp kettle is VERY helpful! :)

VariaTEA