drank Pistachio Cream by DAVIDsTEA
1962 tasting notes

Thank you Cavocorax for the sample of this tea. I am a fan of Mulberry Magic and so many people say that the two are very similar but Mulberry Magic is better so I never even thought about trying this one. I am very glad you sent me some though because I definitely would have been missing out if I never had a sip. This is definitely similar to Mulberry Magic except it is a bit sweeter (not super sweet like many have led me to believe it would be) and deliciously creamy. On top of all that yumminess, this tea actually tastes like pistachios which is always a nice reminder of my grandparents who used to feed me pistachios when I was younger.

The only downside to this tea is it was so good that it is already gone (Sipdown!) and since it is not a part of the permanent collection there is no more Pistachio Cream for me. Well Cavocorax, I don’t know if I should thank you for sending me the sample of this delectable tea or be mad at you for getting me hooked on something I can’t have. Luckily I still have Mulberry Magic to (sorta) fill the Pistachio Cream void my collection now has. Thank you Cavocorax for introducing me to such a delicious tea.

Cavocorax

I preferred Mulberry Magic because I like the Mulberry more than the Pistachio, but if you want more Pistachio, keep in mind Butiki’s Pistachio Ice Cream.

From her website: [It} has an Organic Mao Jian base with generous amounts of roasted pistachios and a dash of lotus stamens. The sweet roasted pistachio flavor is immediately noticed followed by prominent notes of heavy cream. Light notes of vanilla can also be distinguished. Add some sugar to turn this smooth full-bodied tea into a dessert treat that resembles pistachio ice cream.

VariaTEA

haha I will keep that in mind. Thank you!

Cavocorax

You mentioned this tea again recently and it reminded me – have you seen this: http://www.davidstea.com/pistachio-cream-250g?&TF=27F5948F6518&DEID=

Of course, for that much you better love it!

VariaTEA

OMG CAVO I LOVE YOU!!! But now I am torn because I just bought 200 g and do I really need that much more!?!? Something to ponder… Thank you so much!!

Cavocorax

It probably won’t sell out that quickly – some of those blends have been there for months. :) But just keep an eye on the web specials page as they add/remove teas without warning.

VariaTEA

That’s for sure because after trying the tea I watched it a bunch of times and nothing

Cavocorax

Figures. :( What butts. Maybe it takes them a month or so to put the Fall collection teas up there? They don’t want to do it right away or we might not buy the Winter ones? Who knows.

Comments

Cavocorax

VariaTEA

haha I will keep that in mind. Thank you!

Cavocorax

Of course, for that much you better love it!

Tea Ratings (a loose guide):