drank Pineapple Bacon Rooibos by 52teas

I am finally trying this sample sent to me from Dexter3657. This is definitely a strange combination to consider drinking but I suppose it is worth a try. It has only taken me a few weeks to finally build up the courage so here goes nothing.

The smell I get is a woodsy rooibos combined with the smell of smokey bacon. There is even a bit of fruity pineapple in there as well.Definitely not the sweet smell of the dessert-y teas I am used to but very interesting nonetheless.

Tastewise, the first flavor that hits my tongue is pineapple – sweet and ripe. Some sips more pineapple-y than others. They all end the same way and that is with a bit of bacon smokiness. It makes for a flavor experience different from all others. I don’t think I will be buying this again but it was certainly an amazing tea to try. It is also not nearly as scary a flavor as I worried it might be. The bacon for me is more of a back-up in this tea than the main performer and I think that makes it much easier to drink. Honestly, I thought I would try this and pour it down the drain but I am actually enjoying this cup. Thank you Dexter3657 for sharing such a unique tea!

Dexter

You asked me if it was any good…. it’s too strange to call good – but I didn’t think it was too offensive either. I wouldn’t drink it everyday, but it was fun to try.
A little sweetener/sugar will bring out the pineapple or a little salt will bring out the bacon (yes that’s right add just a touch of salt to your tea…)

VariaTEA

haha I was definitely tasting the pineapple and just getting a hint of smokiness from the bacon, which I was happy with. Although I can see how salt would latch onto that flavor and bring it out more.

What I thought was really interesting was the smell was bacon with a hint of pineapple and the taste was the opposite. Thanks again for sharing.

Dexter

I hope you get a chance to try the maple bacon one. Its really interesting. (Pretty awesome with just a splash of bourbon – if you’re into that kind of thing)

VariaTEA

I got some in the Bestsellers sampler pack so I will be trying that soon enough.

Comments

Dexter

Tea Ratings (a loose guide):