Today was both a good and a bad day for tea.

Bad because I learned I am not the only one who enjoys tea in my house – my dogs like tea so much that they somehow managed to unzip my backpack, tear through a box, and then proceed to eat multiple different teas. They demolished the bag of Cookie Dough tea I brought home specifically for a friend and then started working on some Laoshan Black and Vicky’s Sponge Cake that Cavocorax sent me. Luckily, the other teas were unharmed and the Laoshan Black and Vicky’s Sponge Cake could be sort of repackaged and salvaged (I am debating about drinking these because the dogs really ripped through the packages to the tea but I figure it is made in boiling water so any germs should be destroyed, right?!?).

However, I can get passed all of this because I now own 100 g of PISTACHIO CREAM!! I decided I was going to get a friend of mine a perfect mug and some teas for Christmas because she does not usually drink teas at home but she is always very interested in what teas I am drinking each day and when we are together she likes to have tea with me (I am still not sure if she does this for my benefit or hers). I planned on getting her only about 50 g of tea but then I got to DAVIDs and my excitement set in and I just could not decide which teas she should have. I ended up getting her about 30 g of Glitter & Gold (we call it Sparkly Tea and it is one I know she enjoyed and one she is quite entertained by), and then smaller amounts of Gold Rush, Movie Night, Lime Gelato, Vanilla Orchid, Jessie’s Tea, Vanilla Orchid, Creme Caramel Rooibos, and Cocoa Canela. I also got very excited while talking to the salesgirl and ended up having to write down a few different websites for her to check out because she said all the teas I was mentioning sounded amazing. Anyways, in the midst of my gift buying I thought I might as well ask if they had any Pistachio Cream lying around even though I didn’t see any anywhere in the store. The salesgirl ended up telling me she had some as part of the 2/$5 deal and that is when I told her that we would forever be best friends. When she pulled out the 4 bags they had left I told her that I loved her because now I am reunited with my beloved Pistachio Cream. As a bonus, they also had Cocoa Canela in stock too so I was able to pick up some more of that as well.

Anyways, after returning home from to DAVIDs to have to clean up the mess my dogs made, I headed over a friend to share my teas. She ended up trying a few different ones, included Pistachio Cream since she listened to my rave about it for so long, and as a bonus she let me try this tea that she had from Teavana. Usually I am not a huge fan of Teavana but this smelled pretty good and I am always excited to try something new. In the end, I was happy I tried it out because this is not a bad cup of tea. I have never had a Singapore Sling so I don’t know how this compares to that but I do know it tasted like a Cherry hard candy but without being medicinal. It was sweet and all around pleasant so not a bad way to end the night. Would I buy this tea? Probably not but I would not say no to another cup either.

JustJames

oh dear! i’ve heard of coffee hounds, never tea hounds though! lol!!

VariaTEA

What can I say? They have good taste :P

MissB

How awesome that the dogs love the tea… and yet… they have expensive taste.

Veronica

I have the funniest image in my head of dogs eating cookie dough tea leaves. Kinda like a bunch of college girls, spoons in hand, gathered around a bowl of cookie dough watching some romantic comedy. :)

Cavocorax

Too bad about the dogs, but the shopping spree sounds fun! :) I love getting people into tea.

Comments

JustJames

oh dear! i’ve heard of coffee hounds, never tea hounds though! lol!!

VariaTEA

What can I say? They have good taste :P

MissB

How awesome that the dogs love the tea… and yet… they have expensive taste.

Veronica