drank Hello Sweetie by Butiki Teas

Well three things are causing sadness in my life at this moment:
1. I have a paper due at midnight that I have been writing since yesterday. That means no sleep and I really like my sleep. Plus, paper writing is never fun especially when I only have 8 pages to address the ever-so-broad question, “What is the meaning and significance of religious freedom as a human right?” for a class called Religion and Human Rights.
2. I have been checking the tracking number on my BF Herbal Infusions order and as of last night it said it was “processed at local delivery facility” at 8:43 Sunday morning. When I checked today, expecting it to say out for delivery, it said “processed at local delivery facility” at 10:42 this morning. How many times must this package process before it comes to me?!?!
3. This is a sipdown which means no more Hello Sweetie for me until Stacy makes some more :(

In light of all the sadness, I just really wanted something that would make me smile and Hello Sweetie was the first thing that came to mind. So, this cup is bittersweet as it is delicious as always and that only makes me realize just how much it will be missed. Oh well, nothing to do now but savor the cup and get back to paper writing. Thank you JustJames for providing me a little ray of sunlight on this gloomy afternoon.

ETA: So I just noticed I have been way underleafing this (as in 1.5 tsp in 12 oz) everytime I made it and it was still amazingly flavorful. Hmmm….

keychange

Oh god, I can relate to obsessively checking delivery status sites. So frustrating! I hope your package arrives soon.

VariaTEA

haha. I did not have this problem until I discovered tea. Now when I send a package and when I know I am meant to receive one, I go insane. Luckily (or perhaps not so luckily) I have the Canada Post app on my phone so I put the tracking numbers in and they are all listed in one convenient location. However, when I refresh the tracking page like every hour or two I don’t think much time is being saved.

Also, Della Terra is driving me nuts because they sent me an email over 10 days ago saying my order shipped but there is no tracking info. I thought there was because there was a link to check my order status but that just says “shipped” which I already gathered. I also got an email to review the teas I bought but I don’t have the teas to review :(

keychange

Hmmm, my dt orders usually don’t take very long, and like you, I don’t usually get actual tracking information, so my obsession has to be kept at bay haha. And if you read one of the older notes I wrote about black jasmine tea, you’ll know just how crazy I am (the mailman put the box through the mail slot and I literally stood on the other side and pulled it through!).

Comments

keychange

VariaTEA

keychange

My cupboard has grown exponentially since joining this site and I have a lot to share. Feel free to snoop through my cupboard and message me if anything interests you – I am always happy to swap!

For me, flavored teas are definitely my sweet spot. I will most often reach for black teas and rooibos or honeybush blends but I do keep some flavored whites and greens around for when the mood strikes. I have a few herbals/tisanes but most of the time I find myself disappointed by them as they often smell deliciously sweet and then end up tasting tart/sour. I have a little bit of an aversion to pu’erh and oolong teas. I am also wary of florals, earl greys, and chai teas. I do not like overpowering citrus flavors nor do I usually like hibiscus, licorice or chamomile. I love dessert teas – caramel, vanilla, toffee, cookie, cream, and other sweet flavors make me smile. Fruits like strawberry, peach, mango, and pineapples will often catch my attention as well.

Thornhill, Ontario