drank Thé de Lune by Mariage Frères
2015 tasting notes

FYI, this tea is pretty good cold. I did not intend on having it that way but as I brewed a cup, my mom suggest we go shopping to buy a tea thermos of all things so this got left behind on the counter. Now I have a tea thermos so I can take it with me but today it was cold and not bad at all. It is a little more floral this way but still pleasant. Thank you again, JustJames!

JustJames

i’ve forgotten it on the counter too, lol. it’s good, even then =0)

VariaTEA

I was surprised at how the flavors really held up even when the tea had cooled so much.

keychange

oooh, what kind of tea thermos did you get?

VariaTEA

I went to Teavana and got the contour tumbler in purple. I have the David’s timolino but I forgot it in Toronto when I went to visit my siblings so now I have two which is quite exciting.

Cavocorax

Nothing wrong with two tumblers! I use them at home to brew three cups up at a time (so I only fill the kettle once?)

VariaTEA

I usually make a cup in the gravity steeper, one in my timolino, and sometimes a third using an infuser. Also, having just used the tumbler for the first time I can say that I do not like it as much as the timolino but it is doing its job just fine so all it well.

keychange

Oh, that’s neat. How do you feel it’s worse than the timolino?

VariaTEA

I find it’s design a bit strange. For instance, the infuser basket on the timolino attaches onto the lid so when you are done steeping you lift the lid out and just take off the infuser. The teavana tumbler has the infuser snap into the inside of the tumbler so when you are done steeping, you need to reach into the water to grab it out. So in that sense I prefer the timolino. However, at the end of the day it keeps the tea hot and that is what matters so I am not complaining.

Comments

JustJames

i’ve forgotten it on the counter too, lol. it’s good, even then =0)

keychange

oooh, what kind of tea thermos did you get?

Cavocorax

keychange

Oh, that’s neat. How do you feel it’s worse than the timolino?

Tea Ratings (a loose guide):