drank Birthday Cake by DAVIDsTEA

So the craziest thing happened today…someone tried to buy over $1000 of paintball gear and apple online purchases on my credit card!! Luckily I keep my limit low so when I went to the grocery store and got denied for my $45 worth of groceries I thought I would check what I bought that made me hit my limit so soon. Then I saw a purchase for $608 from apple online. $608!!! Someone tried to buy an iphone or an ipad on my dime I am guessing. Of course I called the bank and when they went through the recent purchases I learned that in addition to the apple products, the asshole tried (and thankfully got declined) to buy over $1000 in paintball gear. SERIOUSLY!?!?!? Luckily. my bank has assured me that I don’t need to worry about the fraudulent charges. However, now I need to go through the hassle of getting a new card and trying to recall all the companies with automatic payments set up. I suppose that is a small price to pay for what could have been a far more costly situation had I not caught it early.

Anyways, in celebration of my taking care of this issue before it got out of hand, I decided to have a cup of Birthday Cake tea. I figured, even if I couldn’t taste it, I could at least smell the sweet birthday cake goodness scent that always makes me smile. Also, I have a fair bit of this tea so I didn’t mind brewing a cup to enjoy the smell more than anything. Tastewise, there isn’t much going on but that is probably a combination of this being a relatively weak flavored tea and my recent inability to taste. Nonetheless, I am glad to have dealt with this situation and to now be able to relax with an awesome smelling cup!

Rosehips

I’m glad you caught it! Thats scary.

keychange

Oh my gosh! what an awful story. I’m so relieved on your behalf that the idiot was caught. and good luck sorting out all the aftermath.

Roswell Strange

Oh that’s awful! Thank God you caught it early, and hopefully everything can be swiftly resolved.

Kelci

Glad you caught it. Hope all resolution goes smoothly. Way to go for staying on the upbeat-Cheers to you!

VariaTEA

Thanks everyone. It is an annoyance to have to get a new card but luckily I keep my limit low so they weren’t able to get totally spend happy on my dime. Plus, because it was caught early, I am not responsible for the fraudulent charges. It is more a pain in the butt than anything else especially given it was stolen for such dumb crap.

tigress_al

phew, good thing!

caile

Oh my gosh – that’s terrible, and such trouble to have to change everything. So good you noticed the charges early!

Helena

Definitely worth celebrating the fact that you caught it early!!

Comments

Rosehips

I’m glad you caught it! Thats scary.

keychange

Roswell Strange

Kelci

VariaTEA

tigress_al

phew, good thing!

caile

Helena

Definitely worth celebrating the fact that you caught it early!!

My cupboard has grown exponentially since joining this site and I have a lot to share. Feel free to snoop through my cupboard and message me if anything interests you – I am always happy to swap!

For me, flavored teas are definitely my sweet spot. I will most often reach for black teas and rooibos or honeybush blends but I do keep some flavored whites and greens around for when the mood strikes. I have a few herbals/tisanes but most of the time I find myself disappointed by them as they often smell deliciously sweet and then end up tasting tart/sour. I have a little bit of an aversion to pu’erh and oolong teas. I am also wary of florals, earl greys, and chai teas. I do not like overpowering citrus flavors nor do I usually like hibiscus, licorice or chamomile. I love dessert teas – caramel, vanilla, toffee, cookie, cream, and other sweet flavors make me smile. Fruits like strawberry, peach, mango, and pineapples will often catch my attention as well.

Thornhill, Ontario