Once I was having an American Tea Room tea, I decided to make myself a cup of the one tea from them everyone seems to love. I was so excited! Alas, once again it feel as though I am in the minority because I felt this tea was just alright. It probably isn’t something I would reach for all that often but it is a nice enough cup to have now and again.

Tastewise, I do have to give props to ATR because this is a very bready tea. The brioche flavor was definitely captured. However, I was expecting a bit more sweetness and was a little sad when I didn’t get it. That was actually my stupidity though because realistically a bread is not typically over the top sweet. Perhaps now that I am more aware of what to expect, I will enjoy the cup more next time? I figure I drank this hoping for something sweet and was sad when I didn’t get that so next time I can reach for this when I am more in the mood for a bready tea.

OMGsrsly

(Me too!) I found this one kinda meh.

Comments

OMGsrsly

(Me too!) I found this one kinda meh.

My cupboard has grown exponentially since joining this site and I have a lot to share. Feel free to snoop through my cupboard and message me if anything interests you – I am always happy to swap!

For me, flavored teas are definitely my sweet spot. I will most often reach for black teas and rooibos or honeybush blends but I do keep some flavored whites and greens around for when the mood strikes. I have a few herbals/tisanes but most of the time I find myself disappointed by them as they often smell deliciously sweet and then end up tasting tart/sour. I have a little bit of an aversion to pu’erh and oolong teas. I am also wary of florals, earl greys, and chai teas. I do not like overpowering citrus flavors nor do I usually like hibiscus, licorice or chamomile. I love dessert teas – caramel, vanilla, toffee, cookie, cream, and other sweet flavors make me smile. Fruits like strawberry, peach, mango, and pineapples will often catch my attention as well.

Thornhill, Ontario