drank Carrot Cake by Della Terra Teas

After having just alright teas for a lot of the day, I decided I wanted to have something that I loved. This is something that I have loved since I first joined steepster and received my very first package from Dexter3657. The sample she sent me was gone in a day because it was so delectably sweet and the flavor was spot on carrot cake (WITH cream cheese icing!). I have thought about this tea since then and even referred to it as my FAVORITE tea (although that has changed) so of course I stocked up on BF. I bought 4 oz of this!

I was so excited to dive into the bag tonight. Alas, this cup is quite different from the tea I remembered :(. The sweetness is toned down and the cream cheese icing is no where to be found. This is more like a carrot muffin. Perhaps I hyped it up too much in my mind. Perhaps this is simply underleafed. Perhaps I did not steep it long enough. Perhaps my taste buds are just off today. Perhaps my tastes have just changed. I am not sure what went wrong but I am a little disappointed. At least I have 4 oz more to figure out what the issue is.

keychange

Ugh, I can relate to this. Sometimes, I’m scared when I like a tea so much at first cup, because I worry that no subsequent cup will ever take me the same way ever again.

Comments

keychange

Tea Ratings (a loose guide):