This…I like this. Now I am even sadder that I had a bit of a tea disaster when packaging some up for Dexter. I accidentally dropped the sample and spilled out more than half of it. It was a pretty spectacular drop too because it managed to hit my kitchen table, a chair, and then the floor so I had 3 different surfaces covered in tea. Luckily the sample was generous enough that I still had 3 tsps for Dex and another few cups worth for myself.

Well, as for the tea, this is one tasty cup. And it just went down the wrong pipe…Wow, this tea hates me.

Okay, as I was saying, this is one tasty cup. It is even underleafed because I forgot Della Terra’s 1 tsp portion is for 6 oz and I brewed 2 tsps in 16. Regardless of that, I still get a nice fresh apple flavor at the front of the sip and a rich molasses at the end. In between is a collection of delicious spice to smooth the transition. Also, apple teas have an annoying habit of being combined with cinnamon so I am always happy to find an alternative to that.

Don’t get me wrong, I can appreciate apple and cinnamon but it is nice to have variety. Between this and Marie-Antoinette by Nina’s I will have wonderful choices of non-cinnamon apple teas. This one for times I want something more warming and spicy and Marie-Antoinette for when I am the mood for something delicate and fresh.
Yvonne

Sounds absolutely delicious!

Dexter

Oh No!!! If you would rather keep this for yourself – re tea accident and not really getting to properly sample it – I’ll be ok with that. I don’t want to take “all” of a tea off of you. :))

VariaTEA

It is already packaged up. Don’t worry though, there is still enough for a few more cups for me. I am happy to share it.

Comments

Yvonne

Sounds absolutely delicious!