drank Apple Pie Matcha by Red Leaf Tea
2068 tasting notes

As part of my Jenny Craig diet, I need to have two low-fat milk servings a day. In the states that meant fat free Yoplait yogurt because it came in a million tasty flavors (ummm hello Boston Cream Pie and Red Velvet Cake…yum!!). Unfortunately in Canada we are not so lucky. For a while I would eat Oikos Black Cherry greek yogurt and nothing else when it came to my milk serving. Then I realized I could make lattes and get milk that way. Then I was given matcha and taught that I could make it in a glass of cold milk and everything changed. Each day I get to have a new tasty cup of matcha milk in a multitude of different flavors. Alas, I forgot all my matcha in my fridge in Florida and my Red Leaf order was delivered somewhere, just not to me. So when I got my package from MissB that had 4 different matchas, I was ecstatic!

This is one I have wanted to try and as soon as I unwrapped the aluminum foil it was sealed in, I could place the smell instantly. I was a little unsure about making this flavor in milk and then realized it could be the liquid version of apple pie a la mode. In reality, that isn’t exactly the case but it is definitely close. Flavor wise this is distinctively apple but more akin to an apple jelly belly than the actual fruit. It adds a sweetness to the milk that combined with the apple is reminiscent of liquefied ice cream. This is creamy and delicious and I am so grateful this was sent my way. Thank you so much MissB!!

Iced
Roswell Strange

Once I have money to put together more swaps, I should really see if MissB would be up for one… Her swaps sound fantastic.

VariaTEA

These were all bonuses when I picked up some tea in her sale. I was expecting four teas and instead got 18!

Fjellrev

Oh, I had no idea you were on JC! I hope it’s going well for you.

And the same thing happened to me. As soon as I tried a cold matcha latte for the first time, I was hooked, and voila, my milk consumption skyrocketed,

MissB

I’m definitely game to send you soemthing Rosewell! I’ve got a lot of te here. :P

Jeepers. That was teA.

VariaTEA

@Fjellrev – thank you! I started back in April and am down about 65 pounds so so far, so good. Plus, it was the reason I got into teas in the first place so in that sense it has been very good for me (even if it is not so great for the wallet :P).

Comments

Roswell Strange

Fjellrev

Oh, I had no idea you were on JC! I hope it’s going well for you.

Jeepers. That was teA.