For those of you who don’t know, I am a carrot cake fiend! A few weeks back, my mom offered me a piece of Cheesecake Factory carrot cake and despite being super full I said yes and happily ate away. Unfortunately, I was SO full that I got to the point where I literally could not eat anymore so I did what any sane person would do…I took a one hour break and then finished the slice.

Obviously that meant when I saw Butiki had a carrot cake tea, I jumped on it. Alas, Stacy ran out of the ingredients to fill my order. Luckily I have steepster and all its wonderful patrons who were more than willing to help me out. Roswell Strange sent some of this my way (although it is trapped at home in Toronto), but this particular cup is courtesy of Cavocorax.

When I brewed it up, I actually got really worried because its smell reminded be of the Tiger Assam I tried and did not love. I feared that I would taste black tea and not my beloved carrot cake flavors. My first sip put all that worrying to rest. I get carrot and a faint bit of sweet vanilla. I only wish the flavors were stronger and there was a bit more carrot cake spice. Carrot cake is sooo flavorful and this falls a tad short. I am actually wondering how this would differ is Stacy attempted the cream cheese icing as opposed to vanilla frosting? Nonetheless, I am glad I got to try this and happy I have more of it lying around. So thank you Cavocorax (and also Roswell Strange) for sharing this tea with me :)

Courtney

I have some too! I can share haha.

VariaTEA

I think I am good but thank you :)

Yvonne

I want to try this one so badly!

Sold out.

Fjellrev

I’m a carrot cake fiend too, so I’ll admit, I was hoping for something more complex. But I’ll have to continue experimenting.

swedish chef – have you tried cold brewing this? it’s on my list next to try out with my extra tea….since you guys took care of variatea haha

VariaTEA

When I first tried Della Terra’s blend I was in love. I remember it being 100% carrot cake complete with cream cheese icing. Then I tried it again and it wasn’t as good as I remembered. I am hoping that was just a fluke though given I bought 4 oz.

Fjellrev

Oh, never considered doing that. I’ll give that a shot. Cold liquid carrot cake did not cross my mind. :p

haha funnily enough it didn’t cross my mind either but kittylovestea tried it with this one and said it was pretty good!

Comments

Courtney

I have some too! I can share haha.

VariaTEA

I think I am good but thank you :)

Yvonne

I want to try this one so badly!

Sold out.