My plan was to sip on this as I ate an actual Red Velvet Cupcake. In theory, that was a pretty awesome plan. In practice, not so much. This tea is very heavy on the rooibos and the fact that it is being had next to the real thing is just highlighting how off the flavor is.

It is weird because a little while back, I did not mind rooibos but lately it really puts my off when it is not hidden under flavor. Alas, that seems to be the case with this tea. Thank you Cavocorax for sharing! This is certainly one I expected to enjoy but I just don’t think it is for me :(

Yvonne

Aww :( Sorry it didn’t live up to its decadent name.

VariaTEA

It’s okay. I have other Red Velvet teas that are quite tasty.

Good to hear! :)

Comments

Yvonne

Aww :( Sorry it didn’t live up to its decadent name.

VariaTEA

It’s okay. I have other Red Velvet teas that are quite tasty.

Good to hear! :)

My cupboard has grown exponentially since joining this site and I have a lot to share. Feel free to snoop through my cupboard and message me if anything interests you – I am always happy to swap!

For me, flavored teas are definitely my sweet spot. I will most often reach for black teas and rooibos or honeybush blends but I do keep some flavored whites and greens around for when the mood strikes. I have a few herbals/tisanes but most of the time I find myself disappointed by them as they often smell deliciously sweet and then end up tasting tart/sour. I have a little bit of an aversion to pu’erh and oolong teas. I am also wary of florals, earl greys, and chai teas. I do not like overpowering citrus flavors nor do I usually like hibiscus, licorice or chamomile. I love dessert teas – caramel, vanilla, toffee, cookie, cream, and other sweet flavors make me smile. Fruits like strawberry, peach, mango, and pineapples will often catch my attention as well.

Thornhill, Ontario