drank Creme Brulee by Simpson & Vail
1979 tasting notes

This smells SOO GOOD! Definitely getting strong notes of caramelized brown sugar both in smell and taste. Alas, I am finding the base to be a little overwhelming and that is drowning out any possibility of cream or custard. Rather, it is adding almost a touch of “burnt” flavor to what smells like a perfectly caramelized treat. I had such high hopes for this but it is falling short of what I was expecting. Perhaps brewing for less time at a slightly dropped temperature might fix that? However, using Simpson & Vails parameters, this was a bit of a miss. Nonetheless, thank you Dexter3657 for the sample. If nothing else, you helped me realize this was just not the tea for me which is good as I would most definitely have bought this and then been disappointed and sad that I had so much.

Dexter

LOL that’s what swaps are all about – trying new things. If this helped you to NOT buy it in the future then it’s all worth it, but sorry it didn’t live up to expectations. :((

VariaTEA

It really is the beauty of swaps. It is nice to be able to try just a cup or two without having to commit to a large amount or a large order from a company that is not easily accessible. I would have ordered this and been let down so your swap was definitely worth trying it and learning it is not for me.

And no need to be sorry. Not every tea is going to be amazing but that is what makes the awesome ones so special. At least you gave me the chance to try it so thank you again.

Comments

Dexter

VariaTEA