drank Long Life Oolong by DAVIDsTEA
1938 tasting notes

I have accumulated a fair bit of this tea. Basically, Roswell Strange sent some to me back in December but it was either in a package that is lost somewhere in the world or a package that is stuck at my house in Thornhill. So, being a bit impatient to try what many have called “fuzzy peaches in a cup”, I asked Aimee Popovacki if she wouldn’t mind including some in our most recent swap. Then I ended up receiving a bit more from Roswell Strange in our most recent swap. So now I have a fair bit of this tea and thought it was probably a good idea to try it out.

Unfortunately, this is not the tea I was expecting. This smells like fuzzy peaches but tastes like oolong and more and more I am realizing that is not a taste I particularly enjoy. Thank you both Roswell Strange and Aimee Popovacki but I just don’t think this one is for me :(.

Yvonne

I wasn’t super crazy about this one either, but I didn’t mind it. Sorry you didn’t like it :(

mewakeling

I didn’t like it either. The boy is an oolong fan, so it gets drunk, but it was not the peach experience I had hoped it would be!

VariaTEA

It wasn’t something that appealed to me in store but then so many people called it the fuzzy peach tea and I could not resist. Alas those were lies! :P

Roswell Strange

Doesn’t taste like Fuzzy Peaches to me either – in fact, it’s my “Peaches and Cream Oatmeal” tea for when I want my favourite breakfast food in tea form ;) I actually don’t love this blend, but I find it’s really consistent. And, I also normally drink it cold instead of hot – I think it’s better that way. Sorry you didn’t love it.

VariaTEA

Like you let it cool? or you cold brew it?

Roswell Strange

Haven’t tried cold brewing yet, but I bet it’d be interesting. I just let it cool completely, though. Also, I find the resteeps of the leaf are surprisingly floral, as a heads up because I don’t think you like florals very much if I remember correctly.

VariaTEA

That I do not so that is good to know. Also, I will wait for this cup to cool and see if it is better that way. Thanks for letting me know :)

VariaTEA

Well this does get better as it cools but still not the tea I had hoped for. You never know unless you try though so it was nice to get to taste it. Thanks again guys!

Helena

I find this better cold as more of the fruity flavourness comes out. Great for summer.

Comments

Yvonne

mewakeling

VariaTEA

Like you let it cool? or you cold brew it?

Helena