drank Movie Night by DAVIDsTEA

My plan when I went upstairs to make tea was to prepare some whites and maybe a fruit tisane. I also planned to make a second cup of matcha. Somehow that turned into me grabbing older swaps instead and making two green teas, an oolong, and eating some yogurt (which did not come in a swap).

This is one of the teas I picked up in Janelle’s stash sale a few months back. It was never something that interested me in store but people speak so highly of it here that I though I would give it a try. Unfortunately the sample I got looks pretty crushed so hopefully that doesn’t have an effect on the taste.

Tastewise, this is pretty vegetal. I am getting a lot of butteriness but none of the apple or maple I hear so much about. It is almost like drinking the melted butter they put on popcorn at movie theatres…well if that popcorn also had a vegetal green tea component. This really is not for me. I am trying to drink the cup but honestly I think this is getting dumped.

mewakeling

I brewed this properly yesterday and was less than impressed. In my experience, the longer the steep time the more the base disappears and the apple starts to pop. I love it, but it is a very different tea.

VariaTEA

I have enough for one more cup so I will try a longer steep and see what happens

Comments

mewakeling

VariaTEA