Typically I don’t like smokey teas so when Roswell Strange snuck this into our swap I was simultaneously excited (because I love Sherlock and want all the Sherlock blends even though a bunch don’t sound like something I would like) and hesitant (because the whole package smelled smokey). However, I figured if Roswell Strange was generous enough to share, I should at least give the tea a fighting chance. Plus, what’s Irene Adler without her overt femininity and just a touch of smoke?

When I take the sip, first thing I taste is that smokiness but it is immediately followed by a sweet vanilla cherry. I actually don’t even mind the smokiness because I feel as though it really makes for a unique and complex tea. It truly is Irene Adler in a cup and honestly, it is really quite good. Thank you Roswell Strange for including this. You forced me to try something I wouldn’t normally and I ended up really enjoying it. I am quite glad I have more of this to enjoy :)

Roswell Strange

I know you’re not a fan of smokey or overtly rooibos – but I figured I’d gamble since I know you love Sherlock :P I was pleasantly surprised with this too. I tastes good, and also perfectly captures the character. And we both decided to drink it today :P

VariaTEA

Of course we did. Haha. I am glad you shared it. If it were not Sherlock inspired, I may not have tried it though (which is dumb but the truth).

Roswell Strange

Also, I’m happy because I don’t think you’ve had many misses from this most recent swap! Yay!

VariaTEA

Although, if you shared, I probably would have eventually tried it but I am guessing it would have taken a lot longer for me to get around to doing so.

VariaTEA

I think most teas have been a success. I think we have swapped so much, we are getting better at knowing what the other does/does not like.

Comments

Roswell Strange

Tea Ratings (a loose guide):