I had the Belgium Chocolate that I bought in MissB’s stash sale earlier today but I completely forgot to log it. I think I sort of just drank it absentmindedly while doing some work which is sad because my matchas are always such a tasty part of my day.

Luckily I get to have two so I am having this one, the other matcha I bought in MissB’s stash sale. I actually bought some of this from Red Leaf Tea directly but that is trapped in my fridge in Florida until I can go and get it back. Until then, I have this to hold me over. It is really quite delicious. It is so creamy and adds a nice vanilla flavor to the milk. I don’t know how accurately it represents Bavarian Cream but it tastes good and I suppose that has to count for something.

Thank you MissB for sending this my way :)

ETA: So I looked up Bavarian Cream on wikipedia because I knew there was something more than just vanilla in this cup. It had almost a bit of tang, for lack of a better word. Turns out Bavarian Cream is flavored with liqueur and I think that is the other flavor I am getting. So I suppose this is a pretty aptly named matcha.

Courtney

I wasn’t so sure on this one when I first got it, and without my realizing it, it quickly became one of my favourites.

VariaTEA

At first, I thought it was just a vanilla and I couldn’t quite put my finger on why I was enjoying it more than the other vanilla tasting ones I had. Now I realize I like the tang. However, I have a tiny bit of an obsession with the caramel popcorn one and keep finding myself going for that and then having to fight it so I don’t run out.

Courtney

Ahh temptation. I have only one matcha left in my cupboard now. I’ll have to start contemplating a new order in the next couple months.

VariaTEA

I haven’t sent your package yet, I can toss in a little bit of this if you like.

Courtney

Oh that’s alright! I’ll order some eventually. And I drink it so slowly, it’s better off with you. :)

Comments

Courtney

Courtney

My cupboard has grown exponentially since joining this site and I have a lot to share. Feel free to snoop through my cupboard and message me if anything interests you – I am always happy to swap!

For me, flavored teas are definitely my sweet spot. I will most often reach for black teas and rooibos or honeybush blends but I do keep some flavored whites and greens around for when the mood strikes. I have a few herbals/tisanes but most of the time I find myself disappointed by them as they often smell deliciously sweet and then end up tasting tart/sour. I have a little bit of an aversion to pu’erh and oolong teas. I am also wary of florals, earl greys, and chai teas. I do not like overpowering citrus flavors nor do I usually like hibiscus, licorice or chamomile. I love dessert teas – caramel, vanilla, toffee, cookie, cream, and other sweet flavors make me smile. Fruits like strawberry, peach, mango, and pineapples will often catch my attention as well.

Thornhill, Ontario