drank SBT: Key Lime Cheesecake by 52teas

Okay, so I think I found an SBT that I won’t be restocking. This is good but not as tasty but having tried the others, I know there are better options out there. This has a smooth black tea flavor with the aftertaste of key lime. It is pleasant but I am missing the cheesecake. Perhaps I will try another one of the lime offerings with my next order…hmmm…

Iced 8 min or more
Fjellrev

I was wondering what this one would be like since I’m a huge fan of his Lime Jello Salad. Too bad about the lack of cheesecake.

VariaTEA

I was actually thinking of grabbing the Lime Jello.

Fjellrev

I wouldn’t be surprised if the SBT Lime Jello is very similar to this one, especially if you didn’t pick up on the cheesecake note. I loved his Lime Jello Salad green that he sold as loose leaf. The marshmallow root made it so creamy. I didn’t really get that with the SBT Lime Jello, unfortunately.

VariaTEA

Mmmm. I love marshmallow root. I am glad you enjoyed it. And you are probably right about Lime Jello being similar to this. It is probably dumb but I feel like that would still be preferred because at least it would live up to its name. In this case I was disappointed because there was no cheesecake. Gotta love the power of suggestion.

Fjellrev

Perhaps he will reblend the Lime Jello Salad someday. But I totally understand the expectations, and that alone can change your perspective on a tea even if it does taste good. My theory is the cheesecake note is difficult to taste with a black base. I could actually taste the cheesecake in Apricot Cheesecake Shou Mei, most likely because the base was so light. It just seems like such a subtle note.

VariaTEA

There has been very few “cheesecake” teas that were successful in capturing the flavor. I could see how it would work on a white base although I have had successful cheesecake teas on black as well.

Fjellrev

Which black cheesecake teas have been successful for you?

VariaTEA

Oh. wow. I meant to write it and not be so mysterious and I guess I got distracted and forgot. This has really not been my day. I know there has been a couple, though not many, however the only one that is coming to mind right now is the Caramel Cherry Cheesecake by Darlene’s Teaport. It had a nice cheesecake tang to it. Now I am trying to remember the others…

Fjellrev

Thanks! I’ll have to check that out.

VariaTEA

I keep going back and forth about buying it. If I end up getting some, I am happy to send some your way so you can try it. I think I will have to have another cup of the sample I have before I decide to get more though to make sure it was actually the tea and not just my excitement that made the cup so great.

Also, taking a quick look through my spreadsheet, I think that may the only tea that nailed the cheesecake flavor for me. I thought there was more but I guess that was just wishful thinking :P

Comments

Fjellrev

VariaTEA

I was actually thinking of grabbing the Lime Jello.

Fjellrev

Which black cheesecake teas have been successful for you?

Fjellrev

Thanks! I’ll have to check that out.

Tea Ratings (a loose guide):