drank Apple Pie Matcha by Red Leaf Tea

I mixed up a cup of this when steeping some other teas and drank it while I waited. I was wondering why it was as flavorful today as I remembered it being in previous cups. Then I got the the bottom and realized I did not properly mix the matcha and it all collected. The last sip was like drinking a tiny lump of chemicals. Yeah, it was not fun. However, when this is prepared properly it is a delicious piece of apple pie so I still love it.

Fjellrev

Ech, too bad some of the flavourings taste so darn chemically. But good to know that this one could be salvaged.

VariaTEA

I think when it is mixed throughout the cup of milk, the hint of chemical almost adds to it. It is like having a store-bought apple pie a la mode. However, when you get it all at once, it is just not good.

MissB

Yea, I find that with any matcha – flavored or otherwise. If I mix it poorly, the gunk at the bottom is… blergh.

In other related news, I just got an email from Robert. He has two new matcha flavors starting in February: Orange/Vanilla and Chocolate/Raspberry.

VariaTEA

Oh. fun. I am waiting for my first order to arrive though so I cannot think about buying anymore.

MissB

So… I’m thinking I need to donate the rest of this to you. I just tried it, twice. Both times, a gross lump of chemicals for me. Boo. I’d much rather it went to someone who enjoys it!

Comments

Fjellrev

MissB

My cupboard has grown exponentially since joining this site and I have a lot to share. Feel free to snoop through my cupboard and message me if anything interests you – I am always happy to swap!

For me, flavored teas are definitely my sweet spot. I will most often reach for black teas and rooibos or honeybush blends but I do keep some flavored whites and greens around for when the mood strikes. I have a few herbals/tisanes but most of the time I find myself disappointed by them as they often smell deliciously sweet and then end up tasting tart/sour. I have a little bit of an aversion to pu’erh and oolong teas. I am also wary of florals, earl greys, and chai teas. I do not like overpowering citrus flavors nor do I usually like hibiscus, licorice or chamomile. I love dessert teas – caramel, vanilla, toffee, cookie, cream, and other sweet flavors make me smile. Fruits like strawberry, peach, mango, and pineapples will often catch my attention as well.

Thornhill, Ontario