drank Caramel-Toffee by Dammann Freres

Thank you Dexter3657!! This one smells SOOO good. I did not realize how much I wanted to try this tea until I smelled the amazingly caramel deliciousness of the steeped cup. However, when I took my first sip, the flavor was not nearly as strong. In fact, I mostly get the caramel-toffee in the aftertaste as opposed to in the sip itself. It is a good cup but after having Je T’aime, I am left just a little underwhelmed. I am very grateful to have gotten to try it though!

Woot French teas!

VariaTEA

Why must they always lure me in with their delicious smell and then not deliver on taste?

Courtney

That is the worst. It’s just no fun when the scent is drool-worthy and the taste is a let-down. Hopefully you will have something else delicious this evening. :)

variaTEA…there are a few from MF you would probably really like in terms of delivering a more concentrated taste experience. While i quite like this one, i agree that it’s not in your face like the smell is haha

VariaTEA

I think I would have liked this more had I not tried Je t’aime prior to this. Both smell amazing but je t’aime delivered more on the flavor.

VariaTEA

Also, I had Bolero which I found pretty tasty. And I have Marco Polo arriving in a swap so hopefully that is a success too.

MissB

Oh, I should send you the rest of my Boléro then, as I’m allergic and it’s just sitting here.

VariaTEA

No! You already sent me so much and I ended up sending it off to people. As much as I liked it, I did not think about it/reach for it often. I am sure there is someone out there who would show it far more love than I would. Thank you for offering though.

OMGsrsly

I’ll buy it off you, MissB. I loooove strawberry teas.

Dinosara

I guess I should try some Nina’s again… I tried them when they first showed up on Steepster offering samples and I wasn’t super impressed. Then again, French teas seem to be fairly divisive by company!

Comments

Courtney

Woot French teas!

MissB

OMGsrsly

I’ll buy it off you, MissB. I loooove strawberry teas.

Dinosara