I like laoshan black. I like chocolate. And I like genmaicha. Put them all together and you get something that I would probably like. When you add oolong to that, you get something that is not for me. I wish I had looked more carefully at this tea and what it was made of because I was not expecting any oolong until I got a taste of it in my first sip. I am getting a nuttiness and chocolate and a whole lot of oolong. I had such high hopes but the oolong is really ruining this for me. Thank you for sharing Dexter3657 alas I feel as though I have wasted this by not being more aware of what I was asking for. I am sorry.

Courtney

Gasp! Haha, they can’t all be for everyone.

VariaTEA

No. I am actually quite relieved to have realized I don’t like oolongs and pu’erhs. It helps me eliminate at least some options when I buy teas.

I think this finally means I am out of the “try-all-the-teas” phase and have now moved into the “try-most-of-the-teas” phase.

VariaTEA

I just feel bad that I did not realize this prior to asking to try oolong and pu’erh teas.

Courtney

That phase change was simultaneously easier and harder on my wallet haha. No more all the teas, but more higher quality teas it seems. But growth is always awesome.

Stephanie

You know what? I like oolong, but I think you’re right and I would enjoy this one more without it, too!

Stephanie

And I get what you guys are saying about palette development. I think I’m in that 2nd phase as well. No more try all the teas!

VariaTEA

haha we are growing up guys!

Dexter

VariaTEA – not to worry, I would rather you try my sample and not like it, than buy some and not like it. That’s what swaps are all about – try before you buy. I also firmly believe that if you don’t like something that is the flavor that jumps right out at you. In a blind taste test, I would never have guessed that there is oolong in here. I don’t really taste it at all – but then, I like oolong so it’s not “offensive” to me.

I also agree with the – I don’t need to try everything anymore, I just need to try half of them….

Courtney

I agree with you Dex, I absolutely love this tea and I don’t think the oolong jumps out at me either. More for us! :P

TastyBrew

I didn’t taste the oolong the first time, but in subsequent cups it totally turned me off. Somehow I’m back to loving it again. Oolong and all. Funny how the tastebud pendulum swings.

i don’t taste the oolong…most of the time but every now and then when it’s a little heavier, this blend is not for me. So not i usually measure it out and then add just a half teaspoon more of my LB haha

TastyBrew

Sil- good call. I’ll be doing that from now on.

VariaTEA

Dexter I completely agree with you about picking up on stuff you don’t like. I have noticed that for a while and unfortunately that seems to have been the case here. On the plus side, if I can’t enjoy this I think it is quite evident that oolongs are just not for me so I feel okay about avoiding them in the future.

Terri HarpLady

I love this blend, oolong & all!
Still obsessively trying all the teas, but mainly just the un-flavored ones.

Comments

Courtney

Gasp! Haha, they can’t all be for everyone.

VariaTEA

haha we are growing up guys!

Dexter

TastyBrew

Sil- good call. I’ll be doing that from now on.

Terri HarpLady

I love this blend, oolong & all!
Still obsessively trying all the teas, but mainly just the un-flavored ones.

Tea Ratings (a loose guide):