drank Creme Brulee by DAVIDsTEA
1962 tasting notes

For some reason I had it in my head that green rooibos would not be as rooibosy as red. This cup is proving that not to be the case. Though it is not immediately recognizable as rooibos it is definitely there. And there is a tint of caramel but it is not sweet like I anticipated it would have been. Honestly, I am not sure what I am tasting. It is like really weirdly artificial. Mostly it just tastes like something is missing. This won’t be a restock and I think I will send the last 1-2 tsps to Roswell Strange so she can try it out.

Ana

I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy this. :( I actually liked it when I got it to go with a bit of agave.

VariaTEA

I think sweetener would help but I don’t sweeten my teas.

Ana

I hardly do unless it’s a bit of honey when my throat is sore. In any case I was thinking of picking this up but maybe I won’t now because I can’t be bothered adding things.

VariaTEA

Haha. I think I wanted more sweetness so it would definitely be an easy remedy for someone willing to sweeten their teas. But if you don’t want to add anything, I don’t recommend it.

I may go for the chocolate mint rooibos instead. ;D

VariaTEA

I was not a huge fan of that either (in fact I am selling mine now because I stupidly bought 50 g) but I think that is more because I am not a huge lover of chocolate and mint.

Amariel

I handle green rooibos better than red, but yeah, this one doesn’t benefit that, iirc.

OMGsrsly

I actually kind of like this one! The odd person out. :) It’s good with a bit of coconut cream. Mmm.

Fjellrev

Green rooibos is awesome, but it kind of defeats the purpose if they’re going to mix it with the red variety.

Kamyria

I like this one with a bit of milk… hmmm… never tried coconut milk, I think that would be quite delicious too

Comments

Ana

VariaTEA

I think sweetener would help but I don’t sweeten my teas.

I may go for the chocolate mint rooibos instead. ;D