drank Marco Polo by Mariage Frères

I have wanted to try this tea for so long. To me, it is THE tea you think of when someone mentions Mariage Frere so I was very excited when I received some in a swap from The Teaist. However, sipping on it now, as I procrastinate by watching Reign, I can’t help but feel sort of disappointed. This tea is smooth and has a nice hint of strawberry but there isn’t much more to it than that. Maybe I am crazy but I just don’t see what the fuss is all about. I mean, don’t get me wrong, it isn’t a bad cup, just not really special either. I am glad I have more of this tea to play around with but as it tastes now, I don’t think I will be too heartbroken when it is gone. Thank you The Teaist for sending some my way. This isn’t an easy tea to get a hold of in Canada so you certainly helped me satisfy my curiosity.

It’s not my favourite….so many others I like better from MF

ifjuly

yeah, agreed, right down to the anticipation. but granted, for me it’s partly because i’ve slowly learned i’m not wild for strawberry flavored black tea. but i hear ya.

VariaTEA

Of the few MF teas I have tried, I can definitely say there are better options. However, none have blown me away yet (which secretly makes me very happy because I no longer feel the need to spend a billion dollars on their site :P).

Cavocorax

I think it was my first MF tea, w hich may explain why I rated it so highly!

Comments

It’s not my favourite….so many others I like better from MF

ifjuly

VariaTEA

Cavocorax

I think it was my first MF tea, w hich may explain why I rated it so highly!

Tea Ratings (a loose guide):