So I have now successfully attended my first hot yoga class and it was no where near as hot or as frightening as I had anticipated. It was actually quite nice and relaxing and walking out into the cold air afterwords was pretty heavenly.

Alas, this matcha is not nearly as pleasant. Not that it is bad but mostly rather nondescript as it merely tastes like sweetened milk.

Courtney

YAY! I was just driving back from picking up J and I was going to inquire about the class. :) I ruled this matcha out of my order hehe. But French Vanilla Cookie went in, all because of you.

Stephanie

Love yoga!

__Morgana__

I am afraid of hot yoga, too. Though I really like Iyengar. Unfortunately there’s no Iyengar close enough to me that I could make it to a class regularly. :-(

VariaTEA

@Courtney – I always worry when people want something because of my review. I get stressed that they won’t enjoy it as much as my review makes it sound. Hopefully that is not the case in regards to the butter cookie.

@Stephanie – I can see why!

@Morgana – I HATE heat and was freaking out prior to going but it actually was very nice. It is certainly hot and you need to focus on your breathing more but I was pleasantly surprised.

keychange

Oh yeah, hot yoga can be fun but really intense. I remember feeling as though I was literally swimming through my poses, and I use the term “poses” loosely; they would be like “now do downward dog” and I’d hold that position for a split second before sliding to the floor in a puddle.

Roswell Strange

Hot Yoga does not sound like fun to me XD But then again, my idea of exercise is the ten minute walk to the mall instead of the 20 minute bus ride. So, I applaud your dedication.

VariaTEA

@keychange – “intense” is definitely an accurate word to describe it. Also, there certainly were puddles around me but luckily I have a pretty great yoga mat which has amazing grip meaning no sliding, even if I tried :P

@Roswell Strange – I put off going for years because the idea of being in a purposely hot room while exercising was essentially what I imagine hell to be. Turns out it wasn’t that bad. The last pose is literally just lying on the ground for a while :P

Comments

Courtney

Stephanie

Love yoga!

__Morgana__

VariaTEA

@Stephanie – I can see why!

keychange