Well it is official, aside from Brioche, I am not an American Tea Room fan. I find their coconut a touch like sunscreen. It is not as bad as it sounds but not anything I want to have again. Oh well, can’t like them all!

Flavors: Coconut

’aint that the truth.

keychange

Also, and completely off topic, but where in this fine gigantic country did you find those tiny very adoreable ziplock bags? Anna sent me her tea in them also, and I think they’re very cute and it made me love you guys even more. So much better than those massive clunky and bulky ziplocks I use. So yeah, where where where can I find them?

Anna

I got mine on Amazon US. Among vendors I’ve used in the past are Epacknship and Collecting Warehouse, both have been great, but quality varies substantially. Then again, they’re super cheap and only used for tea samples!

Anna

Also, I don’t think anyone has ever loved me for my ziploc bags before. It feels pretty special. This is so romantic. <3

keychange

Omg, you had to buy them online? that’s so odd. Like buying cue-tips or floss online or something…except that when I think about it, most mainstream stores probably don’t have these. But variaTea, did you find yours online also? because after seeing how you and anna package tea, I need to step up my packaging game and join the craze. Do you just type “baby miniature adoreable ziplocks” in amazon’s search field? <333!

Anna

Hehehe, ‘had to.’ To be honest, I generally buy everything that isn’t viscerally pleasurable to shop for online. Also cheap ziploc bags in Sweden? Forget it.

VariaTEA

Haha. I bought mine at Dollarama. And it does feel quite nice to be loved for my ziploc bags :P

keychange

Ok, I was just on amazon, and there are like five thousand different possible measurements for little zip lock bags. A few other google searches yield online forums where people are talking about ideal packaging for weed….? did you look for a specific measurement?

keychange

PS: I love how we just hijacked variaTea’s tasting note…but she also has these little bags so I feel it’s ultimately all relevant.

Courtney

Yes, the dollar store keychange.

keychange

really? I never would have figured!

Anna

I know, being able to pick EXACTLY the measurements I wanted made my OCD hug itself, hum gently, and rock from side to side.

Calculating exactly how big the small bags should be to fit exactly one 1.5-2 teaspoon cup sample, and how big the bigger bag should be to fit exactly two filled small bags… that was serious quality time for me. I might have drooled slightly.

Kat_Maria

You guys are so funny! And thanks for this discussion, for the past few days I’ve been wondering where to get decent non-sandwich-sized baggies for tea-swapping. It seems like the Collecting Warehouse Anna mentioned has a great variety on Amazon.

OMGsrsly

Anna, that’s great! :D I love the idea for packaging as well… I might have to copy you.

Anna

I can tell you my measurements (uh, you know what I mean)! Or just send some of my bags, because I sort of got a little too excited and ordered something like 8000 bags. Steepster SwapFest 2078 FTW!

VariaTEA

Anna, you must have some serious packaging skills. People really seem to rave about it. You are like an expert tea swapper.

Anna, yes, please, indulge me with your measurements :D

And that is a lot of bags. If you can fit several in the swap, feel free to do so. I can’t wait to learn from the expert tea swapper in practice!

keychange

Anna, we are all waiting to learn of your measurements!! please do share, I’m getting excited! and yes guys, anna is a hardcore packager, I tell you, hardcore. even better, do you have links to your measurements?…I mean, of the amazon variety? And I’ll spare you the five million dollr shipping cost to mail me bags when you’ve pretty much mailed me my shopping list, but yeah, bags ftw!!

Anna

LOL. You guys seriously crack me up. Right, I got 4K 1.5″ × 2″, 2 Mil bags, and then 2K 2″ × 3″ 4 Mil bags.

The smaller ones are a little flimsier to fit inside the bigger ones more easily.

If you want to package large-leaf teas, such as needle teas or certain oolongs, though, you might want to go bigger.

I use a little specialty scoop (I cook a lot and use them for spices) that is sleek and angled and just fits inside the smaller bags so I never have to touch the tea, but I’m sure a tiny teaspoon or a folded piece of paper would also do the trick.

…and I’m still laughing so hard at this thread.

Anna

(‘Mil’ refers to the thickness of the plastic.)

keychange

Note to other Canadians (seeing as I didn’t know where else to put this) the Mo%5#$$f&##ckers don’t ship to Canada!! I’m determined, though. It’s on! LOL

OMGsrsly

Go, keychange, go! :D I’m trusting you to find something and update us. :)

That’s why you go to Dollarama :P

Anna

The vendors in question will henceforth be known as Collecting Whorehouse & Epacknshit. (At least until they agree to ship to Canada.)

Comments

keychange

’aint that the truth.

Courtney

Yes, the dollar store keychange.

keychange

really? I never would have figured!

Anna, yes, please, indulge me with your measurements :D

Anna

…and I’m still laughing so hard at this thread.

Anna

(‘Mil’ refers to the thickness of the plastic.)

OMGsrsly

Go, keychange, go! :D I’m trusting you to find something and update us. :)

That’s why you go to Dollarama :P