A little while back, Red Leaf Tea had both Strawberries & Cream Matcha and Bananas & Cream Matcha on sale. Courtney and I decided to take advantage of this opportunity and stock up on both as they are delicious. Since I was placing an order, I also grabbed a large bag of my beloved Caramel Popcorn Matcha. That brought our total just shy of the free shipping amount so with just seconds left to spare before the sale ran out, we added this to the cart. We chose the following options:

Size: Small (30g)
Matcha Quality: Classic (Basic Grade)
Matcha Type: Regular
Flavor Level: Delicate

Now as I am sipping away at my matcha milk (1/2 a teaspoon of matcha powder combined with 8 ounces of milk), I can say that I am very happy this was the one we decided to toss into our order. It truly is dessert in a cup. The peanut butter is both salty and creamy and combines nicely with the hint of chocolate and graham cracker crust floating in the cup. Compared to the plain Peanut Butter matcha, this is much sweeter, as to be expected given the “pie” element. It is also much creamier than its plain peanut butter counterpart. I am getting a touch of grass from the base, although that might be a result of poor mixing on my behalf and not a reflection on the product itself.

This is definitely a tasty cup and I am glad I have much more in my stash. Anyone who would like to add this yummy treat to their cupboard can find it here: http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/peanut-butter-matcha.html.

Also, for anyone interested, Cheesecake Matcha is Red Leaf Tea’s deal of the day and thus it is on sale for the next 11 hours!

I’m excited to try this one!

I’m excited to try this one!

My cupboard has grown exponentially since joining this site and I have a lot to share. Feel free to snoop through my cupboard and message me if anything interests you – I am always happy to swap!

For me, flavored teas are definitely my sweet spot. I will most often reach for black teas and rooibos or honeybush blends but I do keep some flavored whites and greens around for when the mood strikes. I have a few herbals/tisanes but most of the time I find myself disappointed by them as they often smell deliciously sweet and then end up tasting tart/sour. I have a little bit of an aversion to pu’erh and oolong teas. I am also wary of florals, earl greys, and chai teas. I do not like overpowering citrus flavors nor do I usually like hibiscus, licorice or chamomile. I love dessert teas – caramel, vanilla, toffee, cookie, cream, and other sweet flavors make me smile. Fruits like strawberry, peach, mango, and pineapples will often catch my attention as well.

Thornhill, Ontario