Sipdown!! (172)

Thank you Roswell Strange (and by extension 221tea) but this is not for me. In fact, I am surprised Roswell liked this because I am finding this tastes similar to movie theatre butter mixed with earthy mate. Caramel is in this cup but it is being overwhelmed by the other, less pleasant flavors. I am grateful for the chance to try something new and this is certainly a tea that would have caught my eye but I am just not enjoying this cup.

Roswell Strange

I worked at a Movie Theatre for over a year, so maybe an underlying movie theatre butter flavour is why I enjoyed it ;)

Comments

Roswell Strange

My cupboard has grown exponentially since joining this site and I have a lot to share. Feel free to snoop through my cupboard and message me if anything interests you – I am always happy to swap!

For me, flavored teas are definitely my sweet spot. I will most often reach for black teas and rooibos or honeybush blends but I do keep some flavored whites and greens around for when the mood strikes. I have a few herbals/tisanes but most of the time I find myself disappointed by them as they often smell deliciously sweet and then end up tasting tart/sour. I have a little bit of an aversion to pu’erh and oolong teas. I am also wary of florals, earl greys, and chai teas. I do not like overpowering citrus flavors nor do I usually like hibiscus, licorice or chamomile. I love dessert teas – caramel, vanilla, toffee, cookie, cream, and other sweet flavors make me smile. Fruits like strawberry, peach, mango, and pineapples will often catch my attention as well.

Thornhill, Ontario