Leather seems like a strange ingredient to list for this tea but weirdly it is fitting. This is malty and earthy and definitely has notes reminiscent of leather. Every now and again I get some dark chocolate but not as much as I would have liked. There is also just a touch of pine. Ultimately, it is an interesting blend and though I am finding it enjoyable enough to drink the cup, this is not something I will be stocking just as a result of my own tastes. Nonetheless, thank you Dexter for the opportunity to try this tea. You are awesome!!

donkeytiara

I have a sample of this tea and will be tasting it with Harney’s Hao Ya A and B….. it should be interesting!

Comments

donkeytiara

My cupboard has grown exponentially since joining this site and I have a lot to share. Feel free to snoop through my cupboard and message me if anything interests you – I am always happy to swap!

For me, flavored teas are definitely my sweet spot. I will most often reach for black teas and rooibos or honeybush blends but I do keep some flavored whites and greens around for when the mood strikes. I have a few herbals/tisanes but most of the time I find myself disappointed by them as they often smell deliciously sweet and then end up tasting tart/sour. I have a little bit of an aversion to pu’erh and oolong teas. I am also wary of florals, earl greys, and chai teas. I do not like overpowering citrus flavors nor do I usually like hibiscus, licorice or chamomile. I love dessert teas – caramel, vanilla, toffee, cookie, cream, and other sweet flavors make me smile. Fruits like strawberry, peach, mango, and pineapples will often catch my attention as well.

Thornhill, Ontario