Sipdown!! (147)

Lately my mason jar has been tied up with cold brews and my other clear containers are packed away in a box in the basement so I haven’t had anything to brew blooms in. However, the past couple of days, I have decided to take advantage of my empty mason jar to brew bloom teas.

This one, in its dry form, was probably the prettiest bloom yet. Mostly that is because it looks like more than just tea leaves tied in a ball seeing as it has a small pink flower peaking through. However, that flower led me astray because when I brewed this, the flower separated itself from the rest of the bloom which then sunk to the bottom and bloomed upside down. Why put the flower on the bottom? Consequently, this one wasn’t as lovely bloomed as some of the others I have had.

Tastewise, this is a weak tea. Despite steeping for quite a long while, this just tastes like water infused with a bit of hibby and a touch of vegetal green – two flavor notes I personally do not look for in any blend. I will say though that given the two flavors this actually does have tend to be ones that are hated by many, this isn’t as bad as one might expect.

Thank you Roswell Strange for sharing. I appreciate the chance to try something new but this just wasn’t for me. On the other hand, blooms are always fun to watch so at the very least, I got some enjoyment out of this.

Terri HarpLady

I initially had a fascination for blooming teas, they are fun to watch open, but in general it seems like they are lacking in flavor.

Cavocorax

I’m just not big on jasmine so that’s a huge no for me. :P

VariaTEA

The blooms by DAVIDs are relatively flavorful compared to the others I have had but ultimately, if they weren’t a bloom, they would not be tasty enough to inspire me to want more. Still, they are fun every once in a while.

Jennkay

Ooh, bloom in a mason jar sounds like a good idea.

Comments

Terri HarpLady

Cavocorax

I’m just not big on jasmine so that’s a huge no for me. :P

VariaTEA

Jennkay

Ooh, bloom in a mason jar sounds like a good idea.

Tea Ratings (a loose guide):