I added a few cardamom pods to the mix, and it came out meh. “Meh.” I think this is more the fault of the additional cardamom than the actual tea itself.

takgoti

Cardamom prices are shooting up! Just for your random fact of the day.

Robert Godden

That’s bad news about cardamon prices. I had an excellent pot of cardamon tea at my favourite Afghan restaurant last week.

S

But…but why? Uh oh, does this mean chai prices are going to increase as well? cry

Robert Godden

It probably does. I was reading a book on Sikkim yesterday, and it seems they grow cardamom right next to their excellent tea plantations. Perhaps we can buy the two together and save! Let’s club together and buy, say, 2 tonnes of each! Last time I bought Sikkim I bought 11kgs and that only lasted me about a year.

Comments

takgoti

Cardamom prices are shooting up! Just for your random fact of the day.

S

Robert Godden

Busy college student; 20 years old; tea-novice. Grew up on homemade chai and black tea with milk and sugar.