drank Cream by Adagio Teas

I almost had a panic attack while making this. I brewed it up for the first time using my Zarafina, and it came out tasting hardly as delicious as it did when I was making it at home with a tea ball and microwaved, who-knows-what-temp-this-is water. I was getting that icky, cardboard-fruity taste of the ceylon that I was disappointed with yesterday in the Valentines blend, instead of creamy, tea-y deliciousness. The solution? I switched to the oolong setting, and the tea came out delicious and creamy like I remembered. So, I guess I dislike Adagio blacks brewed at almost-boiling to boiling water…how strange.

LENA

I’m still trying to figure out some of the Zarafina logic. I wish they would have included the temps and corresponding minutes with each of the settings. Some of my black teas get really bitter even on the “medium” setting.

S

Yeah. I’ve emailed them a couple times and they NEVER tell anyone the temp settings…geez, it’s like they have something to hide. Probably that they are not accurate or something. >:[

I read online somewhere that the black setting goes to 208 degrees (which is ideal for a black tea) and I think the strong black setting is 3 minutes. They did tell me that the herbal setting on strong is 5 minutes. I pretty much assume that the herbal, white, and green settings are all ~160-180, and the black is ~200-208, and I hope that the oolong is ~170-190, but I have no idea. Sigh.

Ricky

Ummm, I should give my Adagio flavored tea a try with an oolong steep temperature.

Comments

LENA

S

Ricky

Busy college student; 20 years old; tea-novice. Grew up on homemade chai and black tea with milk and sugar.