Emilie sent me some of this, yay! It’s smells really nice, and maybe my nose is just attuned to it, but I got coconut right away. I adore coconut in tea. The tea itself is much prettier than I expected, with pale strips of coconut, slices of vanilla bean and tiny blue cornflowers (I love watching the color drain from the flowers. I guess I expected more of a buttery, caramel flavor than I got, which was mostly coconut and vanilla. I tasted the butter notes more as it sat a bit, which is interesting.

Emilie

Glad to know I’m not alone! Everyone else seems to rave about the buttery-ness, but the few times I have had this, it’s been closer to what you described.

Comments

Emilie

Hi! I’ve been drinking tea since I was a little kid, sipping on Lipton orange herbal tea with a spoonful of sugar when I was sick. When I went to England and experienced real, loose leaf tea, I was converted permanently. I prefer strong black teas, but I’m branching out into other flavors!