drank Grape Oolong by Butiki Teas

I’m sick, so forgive me if my notes aren’t exactly spot on. I have this really bizarre issue. I hate grapes. Hate them. I can’t recall the last time I ate one, and I don’t even like looking at them. But grape is probably my favorite artificial fruit flavor, haha. So whatever. The dry leaf smells exactly like that grape candy flavor I so adore. I was sort of hoping that it would brew up purple, but nope, just a pretty gold. Also, I love watching the leaves unfurl. Anyway, brewed up, most of that super sweet grape smell was lost to me…it had transformed into something else, which initially reminded me of spaghetti sauce (don’t ask me why…) but eventually I realized it was a flowery smell. Sorta reminded me of this plumeria lotion they sold at a store I worked at in high school. I’m not getting much of a strong flavor at all in this first brew…I put sugar in it and it’s tasty, but I’m not getting any specific flavor notes. I’ll report back after a couple more infusions.

Butiki Teas

Have you tried Concord grapes? They are so good and taste just like grape candy. Mmmmm.

Rebecca Lynn

It’s more of an essay with texture than taste. I think I would like Concord grapes, but I’m just so creeped out by them texturally. I have the same issue with cherry tomatoes and blueberries.

Azzrian

So its things that pop and squirt in your mouth?

Rebecca Lynn

Yeah, I think so. Also, no idea why I wrote essay instead of issue, haha. Maybe because I’m working at the Writing Help Desk at school right now, haha.

Butiki Teas

That is totally understandable. Concord grapes have an especially weird texture but they just taste so yummy.

Comments

Butiki Teas

Azzrian

So its things that pop and squirt in your mouth?

Butiki Teas

Hi! I’ve been drinking tea since I was a little kid, sipping on Lipton orange herbal tea with a spoonful of sugar when I was sick. When I went to England and experienced real, loose leaf tea, I was converted permanently. I prefer strong black teas, but I’m branching out into other flavors!