I found this tea to be really confusing. I didn’t really get a chocolate taste out of it. This tastes like Chinese five spice powder, which I don’t like unfortunately. It has the licorice, sweet, spicy taste that tries to make up a chocolate taste. My tastebuds unfortunately don’t like it and it’s not going to be a repurchase for me.

Jessie

I have 10 g of this but haven’t tried it yet because, despite the chocolate in the name, it’s not calling to me! I find it really odd/interesting that the ingredients list carob and no chocolate. Carob doesn’t taste much like chocolate at all to me though my parents used to try to get me to like it as a chocolate alternative (health nut parents).

revlisx

I know what you mean. The sales rep at DAVIDsTEA kinda felt the same about the tea as well. It’s a weird blend.

Comments

Jessie

revlisx

An ex-Engineer who loves anything health and fitness related. I started my tea journey ever since I was young—because tea is very important in my culture. I only knew of two kinds: green and black.

When I was introduced to DAVIDsTEA, my eyes opened to a variety of tea. Since visiting them, I became hooked.

Now I incorporate tea into my daily lifestyle for ultra health benefits!

Ontario, Canada