drank Four Seasons by Samovar

No notes yet. Add one?

sophistre

Personally, I like this at a lower temp. If you have any left, you might try it! If not I can send you a sample when I finish spring cleaning and we get around to doing that swap. >.>

S

Yay, I was looking forward to reading this review. How many times did you steep it? It’s so expensive….there sure as hell better be like 10 steeps to this thing! :)

Ricky

It was early and I saw the word boiling on my little sampler, but then I realized it said rolling boil. My zojirushi was set at 208 so I was like, ahhh whatever. I guess if the temperature was a bit lower, it might have been a bit more flavorful, but I thought it was plenty decent as it was. Nope, no more left. Haha, spring cleaning indeed. Next week I’ll be a bit more free, so I can create a massive bundle of tea or maybe secretly send out tea to everyone ;) Fwahaha.

I’m currently at steep number four, but I’m sure it can go on forever. At the moment, I’m enjoying some peach bubble tea instead =]

sophistre

Yeah, it does say to use the hot water. I just haven’t tried it that way…I’ve gotten so used to doing mine at a lower temp. Now I’m curious enough to make a point to try it that way. I also envy your bubble tea. Springtime makes me crave that stuff!

Ricky

Set the zojirushi to 208F and wake up in the morning and brew yourself a cup. Due to the lack of caffeine, it won’t hit you that you didn’t set the temperature down to 180 =]

Some days I am tempted to buy myself a bubble tea kit and mix it with some of my own tea =] Could you imagine? Rooibos + bubble tea? Hmmmm!

sophistre

Ooooooh. You can buy just the pearls and straws…

…….hmmmmmm! >.>

Ricky

Well the pearls are really cheap. It’s about few bucks for a batch in NYC. I use to make em, but they are a hassle. Rinse, boil in hot water, rinse with cold, boil with hot, constant stirring, ahhh, you get the drift.

I mean the thing with bubble tea is flavored powder + tea base. I figure I can mess around with the tea base by using something cooler, err, more flavorful =]

S

I have a little kit of boba stuff! I bought it on Amazon, and it was two bags of pearls, 9 instant boba packets, and 9 straws…and it’s pretty yummy!

Comments

sophistre

sophistre

Ooooooh. You can buy just the pearls and straws…

…….hmmmmmm! >.>

Hiya!

I am always up for sharing my tea with others. If you’re interested in something just let me know.

My Ratings
80+ Love it, needs to purchase more!
70-79 Pretty good, would consider another cup