I’ve been a fan of Bigelow’s vanilla chai since college. The cafeteria stocked it, so I drank it with some regularity. The problem was that I am very sensitive to caffeine, so I couldn’t drink it as often as I wanted to. So I am very pleased to find a decaf vanilla chai that I enjoy. I might even like this better than Bigelow’s. The vanilla comes through very will, and it’s very smooth, not bitter at all. I will definitely be getting more of this.

Flavors: Smooth, Spices, Vanilla

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I drink a lot of herbal tea, and the occasional cup of traditional tea here and there. I really enjoy experimenting with my own blends. I tend to reach for floral and savory teas in the spring, fruity teas in the summer, spice, nut, and barley teas in the fall, and dessert and honeybush teas in the winter.

Flavors I like:
Tea (unflavored/desert blacks, dark oolongs, jasmine green, unflavored/fruity/floral whites)
Desert (chocolate, molasses caramel, vanilla, honey, cream)
Spices (ginger, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, black pepper)
Fruit(raspberry, honeydew, lemon, lime, apple, blueberry, plum, fig, grape, pineapple, orange, mango, grapefruit)
Flowers (jasmine, hibiscus, chamomile, rose, chrysanthemum)
Nuts (coconut, hazelnut, pecan, cashew)
Misc. (anise, honeybush, green rooibos, mint, barley, rosemary, dandelion leaf, rice)

Flavors I Dislike: cardamon, lemongrass, coffee, chicory, red rooibos, licorice root, stevia; artificial peach, cherry, and almond flavors; bitter or astringent teas, unflavored greens

Allergies and Sensitivities: lavender upsets my stomach

I have participated in the Overboard TTB, the Butiki Herbal Blending Box, and the Butiki Educational TTB and ran the Herbal TTB and the Monthly TTB Club.