This was an ok tea. I really like cinnamon and clove, which were the predominant flavors here, but it felt like it was missing something. I would not be opposed to drinking it again, but I probably won’t buy it again.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
rosebudmelissa

Actually thinking about it, this tastes basically like mulling spices. I suppose you could use it to make spiced cider or wine without having to put together the spices yourself.

Comments

rosebudmelissa

I drink a lot of herbal tea, and the occasional cup of traditional tea here and there. I enjoy experimenting with my own blends.

Flavors I like:
Tea (unflavored/dessert blacks, dark oolongs, jasmine green, unflavored/fruity/floral whites)
Desert (chocolate, molasses, caramel, vanilla, honey, cream)
Spices (ginger, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, black pepper)
Fruit(raspberry, honeydew, lemon, lime, apple, blueberry, plum, fig, grape, pineapple, orange, mango, grapefruit)
Flowers (jasmine, hibiscus, chamomile, rose, chrysanthemum)
Nuts (coconut, hazelnut, pecan, cashew)
Misc. (anise, honeybush, green rooibos, mint, barley, rosemary, dandelion leaf, rice)

Flavors I Dislike: cardamon, lemongrass, coffee, chicory, red rooibos, licorice root, stevia; artificial peach, cherry, and almond flavors; bitter or astringent teas, unflavored greens

Allergies and Sensitivities: lavender and stevia upset my stomach

I have participated in the Overboard TTB, the Butiki Herbal Blending Box, and the Butiki Educational TTB. I ran the Herbal TTB and the Monthly TTB Club, and am currently running the Herbal and Decaf TTB.

Ratings:
90-100: Truly excellent tea, will buy, could drink it every day but might save it for special occasions because it’s that good, will miss it if it’s not in my cupboard.
75-89: Really good tea, would buy, but not quite perfect, or not anything particularly special.
66-74: Good tea, would buy, but will also look for better
50-66: Probably wouldn’t buy this tea, but would drink it if offered
33-49: I will never buy this tea, and would probably even turn it down if it was offered to me.
1-32: I hope to never drink this tea again

I’m currently pregnant, so I’m drinking less tea (especially new teas) than normal, and my activity may be rather sporadic.

Maryland