I’ve almost finished the Pregnancy Tea I ordered, and I have a bunch of raspberry leaf from Rose Mountain Herbs, so I decided to try making my own blend. For my first attempt I added a bit of peppermint, a few small pieces of clementine peel, and a couple dashes of ginger. The flavor was fine, but it immediately triggered my heartburn, so I took a few sips, then dumped the rest and tried again.

For my second attempt, I added 1 tsp raspberry leaf, 1/2 tsp honeybush, 1/2 tsp chamomile, and a couple dashes of ginger. It was quite good, with a mild yet complex flavor, and it cleared up my heartburn right away. It tasted like a warm summery meadow- grassy, with undertones of hay, wood, flowers, and a hint of ginger. I think I’ll keep this base recipe and try adding different variations to it.

Flavors: Flowers, Ginger, Grass, Hay, Wood

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I drink a lot of herbal tea, and the occasional cup of traditional tea here and there. I really enjoy experimenting with my own blends. I like to keep a wide variety of teas on hand and I love trying new teas.

Flavors I like: mint, chamomile, fruit, nuts, flowers, anise, chocolate, caramel, vanilla, honey, chai/spice, honeybush, green rooibos, flavored blacks, dark oolongs, puerh

Flavors I Dislike: cardamon, lemongrass, coffee, chicory, bitter or astringent teas, red rooibos, licorice, many (but not all) artificial flavors

Maryland