drank Lemon Lift by Bigelow

Sipdown! I’m tired, so I think I just want bagged tea with supper. Actually making the meal itself was exhausting enough, I don’t know if I have the patience to make anything really finicky.

I was craving lemon, and the only other lemon tea I have lying around that’s bagged is the Lipton Lemon that I keep around for guests – and that stuff is just disgusting. So, I settled on this.

The dry leaf smells more like spice than lemon. Although, steeped it smells actually quite lemony. First few sips aren’t half bad – the lemon doesn’t initially taste artificial or “neo citron” like, and the spices are pretty well balanced. Something in the back of my head is telling me I didn’t like this one though, and that I had some left not because I was “reserving it for later” but because it took so long to drink the box and I’m putting off finishing it.

Oh. That’s why. I’m like a third done the cup and only now am I really being hit with the aftertaste. It’s this really overwhelming spicy flavour with bad artificial lemon taste, and it’s sort of making my tongue feel a little bit scratchy (if that makes sense). Bleck. It’s sad, because the initial taste isn’t really so bad – but the aftertaste (which is really quite delayed) ruins any potential this tea had.

Sorry Bigelow, I don’t think I’ll be restocking.

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Saskatoon, SK, Canada